I don't know about you, but for me everything needs to have its own place—a basic rule that helps me keep my pad tidy. One of my biggest pet peeves, and one I often get teased about by my friends, is having an overly organized closet, especially since I live with limited square footage. The best way of keeping your wardrobe neat is to plan your closet according to your lifestyle. There are many options how to achieve this, but custom closets are ideal to get the most out of your space. They can be customized to fit your wardrobe and personal needs. Here are some tips that I live by that will make your closet shine:
• LEARN TO LET GO: if you haven't worn it in a year, donate it to someone who will to give your closet a bit more breathing room.
• COLOR CODE IT: Arrange your clothes by style and color—it will help you find what you're looking for in a snap.
• DIVIDE AND CONQUER: Use dividers in your drawers to keep small items neatly stored.
• SEASON IT: Depending on your closet space, organize your wardrobe by season. In my case, I swap my clothes every six months to make room for the one in season.
• SIZE DOES MATTER: Replace your bulky hangers with slimmer ones to gain a couple of needed inches in your closet. And remember, as Mommy Dearest would say: No wire hangers ever!